- TYPES OF USER INFORMATION
- Collection of “Information”: The Company may request for, collect or gather such “Information” (which shall include data) as it deems necessary, relevant or incidental for rendering an improved shopping experience to Users and for other purposes as specified in Paragraph 6 below.
- Personal Information: Such “Information” may include Personal Information relating to Users such as (a) User’s name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, postal address, delivery address (if different), gender, purchase history etc. (b) financial information such as bank account or credit or debit card information; (c) physical condition of User; (d) a description of the item requested or purchased; (e) the internet protocol (“IP”) address of User’s computer; (f) any other “sensitive personal data or information” relating to the User as defined under the applicable Rules under the Act.
- Non-personal Information: The Company may also collect certain non-personal Information from the User, when the User visits and / or uses the Website. Such non-personal Information would include but not be limited to information such as geographical location of User, IP address, type of browser, operating system of User’s device, and details of usage of Website etc. Such non-personal Information is collected through various ways including “cookies”. Cookies are text files placed on Your computer, to help the website analyse how You use the site. Such information is not used to track information about individuals, but is used on an aggregate level to customize our site, improve the online experience of the User and plan advertising and promotions.
- Internet Database: The Company has created an internet database to allow consumers to store their shipping and billing information, track the status of their order, list previous orders and retain email preferences. Registration is entirely voluntary and You have the ability to correct or delete the information at any time. This information can be accessed through the “My Account” section of the site.
- MODES OF COLLECTION OF USER INFORMATION
- The information referred to above may be collected or received by the Company (a) directly from the User, when the User either provides any specific information on the Website; or (b) from use of the Website by the User; or (c) from third parties who have collected any Information relating to the User, and who have shared it with the Company.
- There are times when You may provide information to us voluntarily, otherwise than through use of the Website. This occurs when You provide Your feedback to us through e-mails, return forms, letters or telephone calls. We may use this information to respond to Your query and to keep track of feedback received from You.
- PURPOSE OF COLLECTION AND USAGE OF INFORMATION
- The Company may collect, store and use Information for any purpose as may be permissible under Applicable Laws, including but limited to the following:
- Facilitation of Your use of the Website, handling and execution of orders placed on the Website by the User, process payments, communication with User about orders etc.;
- Respond to any inquiries posed by the User;
- Maintain accounts of the User, display contents inputted by User such as User profile, User wishlist etc.;
- Help recommend to the User merchandise and services that may be of interest to him / her;
- Personalize User’s experience on the Website by presenting advertisements, Products and offers tailored to the User’s preferences;
- Customization, administration etc. of the Website, location of errors, Website testing, data analysis for the Website etc;
- Provision of various services on the Website;
- To protect integrity of the Website, improve our platform, prevent or detect fraud or abuse of our Website;
- To conduct analytical studies on various aspects including User behaviour, User preferences etc.
- Enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf;
- To permit employees of the Company to contact Users, and enable them to implement the orders placed by Users, resolve User queries, issues, grievances etc.;
- To trace computer resources of any person for the purposes of determining compliance with the provisions of the Information Technology Act, 2000 and / or any other law for the time being in force.
- DISCLOSURE AND RETENTION OF USER INFORMATION
- The Company considers the Information about its customers as an important part of its business. Accordingly, the Company shall not engage in sale of Information relating to Users to third parties. However, the Company may share User information with third parties in the circumstances specified herein below, after reasonably assuring itself that such third parties have undertaken to maintain confidentiality of Personal Information relating to the Users:
- Third Party Vendors / Service Providers etc.: Personal Information relating to Users may be made available to the third party contributors, creators etc. who create their Products to be listed on the Website. Further, the Company may engage third party service providers to render various services, and perform various functions in relation to the business undertaken on the Website, and / or for the Purpose(s) discussed in Paragraph 5 above. For instance, the Company may engage third party service providers for maintenance of its website, fulfilment of orders, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing of credit card payments, provision of customer services etc. Such third party service providers / Vendors would have access to Personal Information of Users for the purpose of performing their functions / rendering their services etc.
- Government Agency: The Company may share any Information relating to Users (i) with Government agencies mandated under the law to obtain Information relating to Users from the Company; (ii) any third party, when the Company is required to disclose the same under an order of a Government or judicial authority under any law for the time being in force, or where such disclosure is necessary for the compliance of a legal obligation.
- With User Consent: Without prejudice to the aforesaid, the Company may disclose Personal Information relating to the User with his / her / its consent. For this purpose, the Company may send a prior notice to the User before sharing Personal Information relating to the User with third parties. In case no objection or intimation is received from the User, the Company would presume that User has granted its consent for sharing of said Information with third parties.
- The Company will share Your Personal Information internally with such persons who need it to complete Your purchase or carry out Your instructions regarding the receipt of marketing information.
- The Company shall keep sensitive personal data or information for only as long as the purposes for which the information may lawfully be used or is otherwise required under any other law for the time being in force. For those customers who have registered for the mailing list, their personal information is kept until we are notified that they no longer want their information stored.
- SECURITY PRACTICES AND PROCEDURES FOR PROTECTION OF INFORMATION
- In order to make every effort to ensure that Your experience on the Website is secure, we use encryption technology to protect You against the loss, misuse or alteration of Your personal information. When You fill out any contact forms or access Your account, a secure server encrypts all of Your information through the use of Secure Socket Layers (SSLs).
- The Company follows the International Standard IS/ISO/IEC 27001 on “Information Technology – Security Techniques – Information Security Management System – Requirements” for ensuring protection of User Information in its possession.
- To be sure You are browsing secure pages for transactions, check Your Web browser’s status bar (located at the bottom of the window) for the closed padlock icon. This icon appears in Your web browser to tell You that You are viewing a secure web page. Also, all browsers display an “s” after the “http” (https://) in the Web site address to indicate that You are in a secure environment.
- ACCURACY AND PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The Company relies on Users to notify it of any changes in personal information. Should any inaccurate information come to the Company’s attention, it will investigate and correct the information and, if necessary, apprise the User of the change. Only those staff members who need the User’s personal information in order to respond to the User’s requests are given access to it. Employees are provided with training and information regarding the proper handling of personal information. All information stored in the Company’s computer system is protected from unauthorized access and information that is stored in document form is kept in secure locations to prevent access by unauthorized persons.
- USER DISCRETION AND THE CHOICE TO OPT OUT
- The Users have a choice to opt-out of receiving non-essential (promotional, marketing-, related) communications from us, after setting up an account.
- In order to remove Your contact information, please visit Unsubscribe.
- GRIEVANCE OFFICER
- In compliance with Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules made thereunder, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below:
Name: Prashant Pavithran
Phone: +91 9289434777
Time: 0900-1200 hrs